domingo, 18 de noviembre de 2012

Something of art...

Even when I don’t know much about art, I really like it, I enjoy a museum, looking the collections, the details of each piece of art…

I remember a day in January, 2008. I was in Santiago, waiting for a friend in Lastarria so, I decided to know the MAVI museum that is right there. When I was in, there was an exposition very interesting; there were three works of art that  really caught my attention. One of them had a landscape made ​​of toasted breads, the other represented a giant stain, but when I approached, I noticed that it was made of toy soldiers. And the last, which was maybe the most significant for me, I found amazing, very original, In fact I’ve never seen a piece of art like that. It was fifty-five sheets of telephone directory painted with Chinese ink, the silhouette of a girl underwater was represented in them. When I was seeing this work of art, there was a guy at a table ordering phone guides, each guide contained an equal copy in all its sheets, there were fifty-five guides that corresponded to this last piece of art, which was called "Detained in Apnea".
He asked me if I wanted to take a copy and I understood that all these copies were for the public, and then told me he was graduated in arts from the University of Chile and I started talking about art.
In this link, you can see his pieces of art:
- www.carloszuniga.org
- alejalea.blogspot.com
Another pieces of art that I like very much are the watercolors of Antonio Oyarzún. He’s a painter of La Unión, but many of his watercolors represent different places of Valdivia. I've been lucky to be in some of his exhibitions and to meet him personally. His greatest influence has been the painter Ricardo Anwandter. I don’t remember exactly when was the first time I saw one of his works of art, but I've always admired him and I liked the variety of colors he uses for his art and the places that he represents. The piece of art that I show here is called "Tugboat El Pampino".


1 comentario:

  1. Angéles, really I liked so much the second piece of art, the acuarelas always are beautifull, the first piece of art is great, because is new, but is rare jajja

    ResponderEliminar