martes, 4 de septiembre de 2012

...To the North of Chile

One journey that I will never forget was when I traveled with my Mountain Climbling class to North of Chile. I think that I mentioned previously in the other blog. It was on August, 2010.
Well, it started when a teacher’s friend invited us to join in an expedition to Paniri, a volcano located near Calama. We all immediately excited with the idea so we organized and finally traveled from Santiago to Calama by bus, ‘cause we had a lot of luggage, and there we joined the Military Mountain Group. They were very friendly and helped us very much.
It was the first time that I was in a journey like this, but it really was an amazing experience. I met and shared with a wonderful people, and although I knew the north of Chile I think this time I noticed its beauty more than ever before. The colors of the desert and its immensity ... I really fell in love.
The best moment in the journey… unforgettable for me… was when we were going through the desert by the military pickup truck about 120 km/h and on the radio was playing “Have you ever seen the rain?” by Creedence… It was my perfect moment! I always say that, until now haha… First, ‘cause I always listen this group with my father, so at that moment I hadn’t seen him in a long time… and second, ‘cause whenever I listen this song I imagined me traveling hahah…

This journey has been one of the most beautiful field trip since I’m in the FAU.

1 comentario:

  1. The only volcano I've been up in Chile is Villarica. It was amazing. It was walking not climbing. I can't do rock climbing because I'm scared of heights.

    ResponderEliminar