lunes, 22 de octubre de 2012

Concerts in which I've been...


Something that I really enjoy, apart from food and travel, is music. To watch a national band in Chile is more accessible than a foreign band, even there are some times when the bands play free in the massive concerts like “The day of music”. The last time I went to this event was on 2009 or 2010… I don’t remember exactly, but there was a year that it didn’t perform. There I went to watch Chilean songwriters like Nano Stern, Manuel García, Camila Moreno, Fernando Milagros, Kike Neira, Chinoy and Chilean bands like Los Jaivas, De Saloon, Juana Fe, Chico Trujillo, Chancho en Piedra and many others of different styles as rap, reggae, pachanga or Chilean trova.

I love Chilean music, but being in a concert of a band known worldwide is really exciting!!... When you’re there, singing in front of a band that you never thought to have in front of you, definitely is priceless. The truth is I haven’t been to many of these concerts, because usually when coming bands that I like and go on sale the tickets, I have no money. When I was sixteen was the first time watched a live band, I traveled from Valdivia to Santiago to watch Placebo, I loved at that time. Later I moved to Santiago by the university and I thought I’d have the chance to watch all the bands I liked hahaha, but it wasn’t that way, because every time one came, I had no money to buy a ticket.

Until now I've only gone to the Phoenix Festival where come Starsailor, Travis (one of my favorite bands) and The Killers, I also went to watch Cat Power, the great thing about this time is that it was at the Amanda Cultural Center and as a space very small, my friend and I were just on stage, then Cat shared out roses to the fans and she gave it to us too.

Definitely the most exciting concert I have ever attended in my life, was Coldplay, I didn’t care how much you spend on the ticket. Chris Martin made me cry with “Fix you”, for a moment I thought they wouldn’t play, but I was happy :)

Well, and my last gig was in the “Arena Puerto Montt” on the last year I went to watch Calle 13, I danced all haha. 

Today I've been waiting for Sigur Rós... I hope they come to Chile very soon!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario